Extras + Legacy or not?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 19:51:36 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 14:35, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> re Fedora Legacy Updates for FC3 and FC4 active in the Fedora Extras
> buildsys or not?
>
> Here, ppc is missing:
>
>   http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/4/updates/
>
> Is one supposed to enable Fedora Core Released Updates in addition to
> Fedora Legacy Updates? It seems so (looking at the package
> legacy-yumconf-4-2.fc4.noarch.rpm)
>
> But what does the buildsys do?
>
> (The reason I ask is that I want repoclosure to use the same combination
> of repositories.)

Legacy is not quite yet using the Extras build system.  We're working up
toward that.  And currently we haven't produced any ppc updates, when we make
the move over, we'd resubmit what we've released for FL4 for ppc building.

Things mostly holding us up from moving is an update tool to make use of the
builds that land out of Extras' plague setup.  If Luke doesn't envision this
happening anytime soon, we'll need a 'push' system that pushes the builds
back out to legacy staging infrastructure so that Legacy can sign / push /
prepare emails like we're currently doing with our own plague setup.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora