Maintenance policy for older releases

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Thu Nov 9 16:30:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 09:41 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
> I notice that with certain packages, only the FC-6 tree carries the
> latest release. The FC-5 release would be stuck at the last release of
> the software that was out before the release of FC-6, likewise with
Related to this, I noticed that many new packages are built for
development only, and not for FC-6, let alone FC-5. I think that
new packages should be built at least for FC-6, unless, of course,
there are dependency issues, such as the package depending on a newer
package from Core. Another way to look at it is this: if a new package
is in FC-6 (and FC-5), bugs are spotted much sooner.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49