Need some ideas for small project

Amit Dey eamitdey at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 14:13:20 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

  I am a newbie to Linux development and I am looking for a small project.

  I have a done a reasonable amount Windows development (Applications, Windows Services, Libraries, Games) using languages like C,C++,Java and more recently C#. But I would like to start developing in linux. I already have very basic knowledge of networking, databases(MySQL), threads, processes, gui designn ( GTK+, GLADE ) and some other stuff in linux ( Note that i am saying very basic ). Can you guys suggest me some good project  to start with.
  I am willing to give 4-5 hours for about 2-3 weeks to the project. If required then I am willing to learn some other stuff for the project.

  I must tell you that this project is not for my college. I want do this just to gain some linux development experience. Although If possible then I would like to submit it to fedora extras.

  Thanks a lot.

http://mail.yahoo.com