find_lang macro (was: Re: Democracy player anyone?)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Nov 12 15:46:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:15:26 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> Question: IIRC in the wiki there was a reference to some BRs to add
> for using the %find_lang macro, but now I can not find anything like
> that.
>
> Is anything at all needed for it to work?

The macro itself needs nothing else than "find". You can examine it
in /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/find-lang.sh

But in order to (re-)build message object files, you either need
BR gettext  [most often]  or  BR intltool  or  BR perl(XML::Parser)
[the latter only if a copy of intltool is included with a tarball].
When either of the first two is search for by a configure script,
you see corresponding status messages about what is found or missing.