Python naming clarification

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 01:58:51 UTC 2006

According to the Package Naming Guidelines, python-dependent packages
should be named python-%{name}, unless the name contains py or Py. I'm
looking at packaging Django, which is a web application framework
similar to TurboGears, and I note that the latter is in Fedora under
the name of, yes, TurboGears.

Are application frameworks considered large enough to be exempted from
the naming requirement? If not, what is the capitalization rule that
apply - python-Django (ugly) or python-django?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim

Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
avoiding you.
                -- The Old Farmer's Almanac