Python naming clarification

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 03:58:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 20:58, Michel Salim wrote:
> According to the Package Naming Guidelines, python-dependent packages
> should be named python-%{name}, unless the name contains py or Py. I'm
> looking at packaging Django, which is a web application framework
> similar to TurboGears, and I note that the latter is in Fedora under
> the name of, yes, TurboGears.

I thought it was python module packages that needed to be python-foo or pyfoo
or foopy.  Applications that happen to be written or partially written in
python are exempt from this, or so I assumed (as I just submitted and built
pungi, an application that is written in python, and has its own python
module (pypungi)).

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora