R modules packaging?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Nov 16 21:20:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:53:47PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody willing to maintain some of them in extras?

Thanks to Jose script and a wrapper to do the download, I could package
the modules, and it turned out that the R packages have a lot of
interdependencies, sometimes interdependencies which seem wrong.

If somebody wants to package some of them here are all those were
needed (or with inter-dependencies to check):

mFilter
pastecs locfit tseriesChaos RTisean tsDyn odesolve chron zoo its
tseries strucchange DAAG leaps oz sandwich car lmtest Ecdat e1071
mlbench randomForest SparseM xtable scatterplot3d dynlm systemfit sem
fCalendar fEcofin Hmisc acepack Design tkrplot TeachingDemos maptools
spatstat PBSmapping maps gpclib RArcInfo sp RColorBrewer sm deldir
akima gam mapproj rgl qcc sgeostat

Here is the list of the package which have inter-dependencies. the arrow
points to the one the other should depend on in my opinion:

mlbench <- e1071
Ecdat <- lmtest sandwich
dynlm -> lmtest sandwich
lmtest - sandwich
sandwich <- strucchange lmtest dynlm
strucchange -> zoo
sandwich -> zoo
zoo <- tseries
PBSmapping -> maptools
maps <- mapproj
Hmisc <- Design

There are some license issues:

gpclib non free
mapproj non free
R-akima.spec:License:   Fortran code: ACM, free for non-commercial use, R functions GPL
R-e1071.spec:License:   GPL-2. See COPYRIGHT.svm.cpp for the copyright of the svm C++ code.
R-acepack.spec:License: avas is public domain, ace is on Statlib

--
Pat