R modules packaging?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Nov 17 00:12:40 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 9:20 pm, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:53:47PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Anybody willing to maintain some of them in extras?
>
> Thanks to Jose script and a wrapper to do the download, I could package
> the modules, and it turned out that the R packages have a lot of
> interdependencies, sometimes interdependencies which seem wrong.

  I noticed that too. :-)

  I think that a given time I read that Scientific Linux had the R packages in
rpm. Google is not friend so I have been unable to find such a reference.

> If somebody wants to package some of them here are all those were
> needed (or with inter-dependencies to check):
>
> mFilter
> pastecs locfit tseriesChaos RTisean tsDyn odesolve chron zoo its
> tseries strucchange DAAG leaps oz sandwich car lmtest Ecdat e1071
> mlbench randomForest SparseM xtable scatterplot3d dynlm systemfit sem
> fCalendar fEcofin Hmisc acepack Design tkrplot TeachingDemos maptools
> spatstat PBSmapping maps gpclib RArcInfo sp RColorBrewer sm deldir
> akima gam mapproj rgl qcc sgeostat

  I think that I will add this dependency resolution to my script. :-)

> Here is the list of the package which have inter-dependencies. the arrow
> points to the one the other should depend on in my opinion:

  Clearly your simultaneous use of -> and <- betrays your extreme exposure to
R. ;-)

> mlbench <- e1071
> Ecdat <- lmtest sandwich
> dynlm -> lmtest sandwich
> lmtest - sandwich
> sandwich <- strucchange lmtest dynlm
> strucchange -> zoo
> sandwich -> zoo
> zoo <- tseries
> PBSmapping -> maptools
> maps <- mapproj
> Hmisc <- Design
>
> There are some license issues:

  You are right some of the packages are plagued with some non-free licenses.

--
José Abílio