Status of any effort to get Scipy into Extras?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 04:28:57 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Also, I'm ready to bump FC5 and 6 to numpy 1.0 if there's no reason not
> to. However, all I've got to go on is one thumbs up and zero thumbs down
> for the rawhide numpy 1.0 build...

Yes, please do that update.  If Neal isn't going to pick up the scipy
Extras maintainership effort I think I am going to need to.  I'm
currently testing scipy using the rawhide package.

One thing numpy is throwing warnings about an outdated ctypes module.
I'm not sure if that's important or not.

Also there appears to be an issue with the current matplotlib in
Extras which is fixed if we update to matplotlib release 0.87.7.  I
need to dig up my bugzilla password so I can file about that.

-jef