MonoDevelop 0.12-7.fc6

Tim and Alison Bentley Home at TimAliBentley.org.uk
Tue Nov 21 21:56:22 UTC 2006

Tim and Alison Bentley wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>

>         I was wondering why the current version of Monodevelop was missing the
>         version control functionality:
>          - Version Control provided by Subversion
>

>     When I built it last using Subversion, it crashed and burned on both x86
>     and x86_64

I tested last week end from Subversion and built it with --VersionControl and
-ASPNET.  I managed to get it to run.
--debugger failed with a code error.  I had no luck with the source code from
the extras repository but that may be a user error.
The APSNETEDIT required JCALLS-SHARP which I got from the mono Subversion repository
but had build errors which I seemed to fix.
The resulting installed modules could not be found by the monodevelop build.
Again a user error.  Building from source is not one of my strong points!

>          - ASPX development provided by the ASPX plugins.
>
>     Neither were shipped with the source.
>

> These are now available with the source.

I have attempted to build from source and have problems with every move
I make.

>     Monodevelop can be a bit of swine to build from source. Are you grabbing
>     the sources directly from mono svn or using the src.rpm file?

Mono svn

--
Tim and Alison Bentley

Email: Home at TimAliBentley.org.uk