desktop files for dockapp apps?

David Kovalsky dkovalsk at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 12:21:13 UTC 2006

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 03:44:18PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>> How do you add a dockapp? Presumably, there is some tool (e.g. to add an
>
> In the case I know and use, fluxbox, one has to hand-edit the start
> script. I tried WindowMaker and I didn't understood how to do.
[...]

The way I do it in WindowMaker is I start the dockapp from shell, ^C to
close it and there's an empty icon left after the app has closed. Then
when you click on the icon the dockapp starts automagically. You can
then choose in preferences some parameters and that the dockapp starts
when WindowMaker is started.

  David Kovalsky            dkovalsk at redhat.com
  Quality Engineer
                 IRC: #brno, #errata, #qa, #urt