comps.xlm fc6 and devel update

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Nov 22 20:27:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:48:24 -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:

> On 11/22/06, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> > Bonjour a Tous,
> >

> >         Updated comps-fe6.xml.in and comps-fe7.xml.in yesterday.
> >         done cvs update and cvs commit.
> >         Everything seems to be fine, but in
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/i386/
> >         comps.xml is still stamped November 16 (same for fc6 update).
> >
> >         Is there a special 'trick' or procedure to have comps updated?
> >
> >         Thanks.
>
> I think there is only one person who does this right now, and he does
> not update it very often, but I think atleast once per release.

Not true anymore. The comps.xml files have not been installed since April,
btw.

But since Nov 8th, all comps.xml are updated on-the-fly with every push of
packages, provided that the generated file contains changes and is
well-formed.

> I'm not sure how difficult it would be to automate the process, or if
> it's feasable to allow sponsers or anyone in FESCo to update it.  I
> think it would be nice to allow anyone to automatically update comps
> immediately after they update the .in file.

It's not anything like the comps.xml files have such a high priority that
it would make sense to update them as often as that. Also, you would want
them to be synced to the mirrors, which would not be "immediately" anyway.