unowned directory problem with /etc/logrotate.d

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Nov 25 06:15:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 23:34, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> Do a lot of people actually remove logrotate?  I find it quite handy on
> every system I have.  I guess I vote for Requires: logrotate.  If you don't
> want logrotate, won't that mess up several other packages also?

if you have packages require logrotate  and some one wants to remove it  it
will pull alot of stuff out. logrotate itself really doesn't take up much
room on my desktop  about 160K  the files dropped in /etc/logrotate.d  take
up 232K    and if the packages that put things there required logrotate it
would remove cups yum  acpid BackupPC kdebase mgetty bind rpm samba net-snmp
syslog tomcat httpd to name a few.  realistically if you make the packages
start to require logrotate  you wont be able to remove it.  and as i said
before Disk is cheap. and it really is small.
--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/      \   Proud Australian