new to open source

Amit Dey eamitdey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 15:15:23 UTC 2006

Hi everyone.

  I have never ever done any open source development before. And i would really like to start.

  I have some ideas about some application in my mind n I would like to implement them. Fedora extras seems to be a good place for this.

  But please tell me guys what exactly needs to be done to make sure that my application would be bundled with the next fedora core release.

  I just need some tips, that's all.

  I can make an application and submit it to fedora extras but will that be good enough. Will anyone even care to look at my app...?

  Is this the only way to do open source development in fedora.

  Thanks a lot.
  Regards
  Amit Dey.