mock and autoconf Broken pipe

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Nov 26 15:10:04 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 11/26/06, Mamoru Tasaka < hidden > wrote:
>> Check around the lines 35, 50 of admin/cvs.sh .
>> This requires autoconf 2.5?, however, rawhide autoconf is 2.61.
>>
>> Mamoru Tasaka
>>

> However shouldn't it grab automake instead of autoconf in mock ?

Ah, I found what you mean. For this case
* admin/Makefile.common calls admin/cvs.sh
* Then admin/cvs.sh
   1. check autoconf, then autoheader. If version check succeeds,
      then no output is printed. When version check fails, it complains
      as you are seeing.
   2. next check automake. When this succeeds, admin/cvs.sh reports
      what type of automake is found.

What I did is just I read admin/cvs.sh and checked what are actually
done. These behavior are written in the function check_autotool_versions()
in admin/cvs.sh.

Mamoru