New Comps Groups

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Sun Nov 26 18:58:26 UTC 2006

Wart <wart at kobold.org> wrote:

[...]

> If we're going to move to "<language> Development" groups for
> language-specific development modules, then I'd also like to ask for a
> "Tcl Development" group for the 18+ Tcl modules in FE.

What about Ruby, C++, ...? Tk (yes, that one is usable from a variety of
languages)? The various RDBMses? This will give a huge list of new groups.

I'd vote for a system based on /functionality/ first, not implementation
details like language. And I fail to see what good it could do to "Pull in
all Perl related stuff", you probably need just a spattering of CPAN
anyway.