Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-11-24

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Nov 27 17:55:08 UTC 2006

CS> IIRC, tibbs did this a few months ago on a package that was in the
CS> report for months and after he launched a rebuild the maintainer
CS> came on this message list and lambasted tibbs for launching a
CS> rebuild.

Note that it wasn't just the maintainer; I recall that others also
joined in the flaming, saying that we need maintainers instead of
people who just rebuild packages.

Yes, I did just a rebuild, because I thought it would fix the problem.
When I saw that it didn't (because the issue ended up being more
complicated in that it only appeared on one arch I did not initially
test with) I fixed the problem appropriately.  Sadly, the flamers
simply couldn't wait to jump in.  I think this is the case far too
often.

 - J<