New Comps Groups

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 18:24:08 UTC 2006

Christopher Stone (chris.stone at gmail.com) said:
> >Why, out of curiosity? In what cases are these something that a user
> >wants to explicitly wade through 100 listings for?
>
> I do not understand this question?  Is it somehow better to wade
> through 1000s of packages to find something instead?  Please rephrase
> your question to be more specific.

We already have a 'package search' interface for finding packages - is
listing 100 (or however many) python-* packages better than this? In
what way? Are they not getting pulled in for dependencies when necessary?

Basically, what's the use case for when a user would want to scroll through
all of python-* or perl-* looking for a package?

Bill