New Comps Groups

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Nov 28 00:01:01 UTC 2006

Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 18:19 -0500, Jeremy Katz a écrit :

> The problem is that you're using the argument of "all packages need to
> be in comps, so we need to add groups" when comps was _never_ intended
> to be an exhaustive list of every package.

Well, maybe comps was not intended to be a lot of things, but when it
was decided not to fix rpm groups and use comps as the only
classification method of yum repositories, comps graduated to another
level.

> You'd be better off solving that problem with a) include it as a
> step in the review process and b) integration with the push scripts to
> provide notification/questioning when a new package is added to the
> repository and isn't listed in comps.

This may scale at the redhat level but in a community context it
doesn't. Automation is a lifesaver.

--
Nicolas Mailhot