New Comps Groups

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Nov 28 11:02:13 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 15:58 -0500, Jeremy Katz a écrit :
>>> It's pretty much impossible to autodetect missing comps entries unless
>>> every package is systematically put in comps. No autochecking means low
>>> QA.
>> But the entire point is that everything _SHOULDN'T_ be there.  If so,
>> then it's no better than a list[1]
>
> But the entire point is unless packages show up in comps, we have no
> idea if they're missing because they should not be exposed or because
> someone forgot to think about it.
>
> explicit "this package is in a group most users don't care about" is
> very different from "this package is not in any group, so probably users
> do not need to see it"

Can't the package checking problem be solved by adding packages that are
deliberately not intended to be in comps either to a group that is
defined not to show up in the UI (that might need some extra work on the
schema and the tools though), or in a completely separate file from the
comps file that exists for the purpose of doing this checking?

Paul.