Fedora Extras packaging beta software into production repos, why?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 29 22:13:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 19:38 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> ... you definitely know, there are plenty of reasons to use 3rd party
> repos.

Actually, I don't. Well, I suppose there's my private repo at
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/dwmw2-fc$releasever which has some
improvements on openssh and some fixes to make Evolution just about
usable, but those are things I hope will get upstream eventually -- it's
not really a 'public' repository.

I'd never dream of doing stuff like that with a new package where I
could just get it into Extras or Livna. Why would I?

--
dwmw2