New Comps Groups

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Nov 30 03:49:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 19:19 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> -Toshio
>
> PS. When we design something new, it should have multicategory support:
>
> <package>
>   <name>python-gpgme</name>
>   <category>/Language/Python</category>
>   <category>/Security/Cryptography</category>
>   <category>/Development/Library</category>
>   <category>/Internet/CertificateManagement</category>
> </package>
>
> So I can search for the intersection
> of /Language/Python, /Development/Library, and /Security/Cryptography to
> find things closer to what I want.

I don't see anything stopping that from happening now.

Either:
 1. write the above interface for repodata and then have yum be able to
understand that info
 2. use the existing comps format and just have yum be able to look up
pkgs by the group they belong to. So for the above you would do:
   Take the intersection of /Language/Python, /Development/Library,
and /Security/Cryptography and display those pkgs.
Then comps looks like:

  <group>
   <name>/Security/Cryptography</name>
   <package>python-gpgme</package>