New Comps Groups

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:32:11 UTC 2006

> On Thursday 30 November 2006 12:29, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > I would say that apt and smart's UI would not suffer from a
> > migration to comps provided that comps lists all the packages in the
> > repository.
>
> Why do all packages have to be listed in comps?  The grouping metadata can
> list packages being in some groups, and then if a package isn't in any group,
> the tool (apt/smart) could represent that as 'Ungrouped' or however you want
> to phrase it.

http://fedoraproject.org/extras/6/x86_64/repodata/repoview/__nogroup__.group.html

I'm writing an email application and want to find a library to help me
do signing and encryption.  Do you know if Fedora includes one?

I'm looking for something that I can use to make rpms in a clean chroot.
Is there a package for something like that in Fedora?

I'm working on some surveying software and I need to do a lot of work
with maps, coordinate plotting, etc.  What libraries are available in
Fedora to help me get my work done?

There is software to answer all these questions in Fedora but it's not
listed in comps.  Just look at the repoview page and you'll see why
Ungrouped leads to a horrible end-user experience.

-Toshio