Plone - Zope on Fedora Core 4

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Nov 30 20:40:38 UTC 2006

Jon Steffan schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Jon Steffan schrieb:
>>> So this thread has seemed to die. Who am I supposed to ask for approval
>>> for a new package? I really want to see 'stable' plone and zope in FC4.
>> Zope and Plone were shipped for FC4 afaics. So according to
>> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/EOL
>> it's just fine to build updates for FC4 if there is a good reason for
>> the update.
>     The issue is that current (plone 2.1.2) will not migrate to the
> newest version correctly. So, I can just dump in an update. It will
> break sites.

Okay, sorry, I missed that info from the beginning of this thread (would
have been good if that would have been included again, but never mind).
Hmm, well, I don't think it makes much sense to ship the two in packages
with different names in FC-4 then -- people would have to install/update
them manually and I bet most people won't do that (they could/should
update to a complete new FC release in that case in any way).

But if people really disagree with the my evaluation of the issue let's
just ship the packages with different names after FESCo approved the
branches and a review happened.

CU
thl