list of not rebuild arch packages where needs.rebuild was removed

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Oct 1 09:07:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 11:28 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran my scripts again. It seems there are sill some arch specific
> packages that were not rebuild, but needs.rebuild was removed. See this
> list:

> > paul_AT_city-fan.org               libpng10                        1.0.20-3.fc6

> Is there any good reason why these packages were not rebuild?

The stated goals of the rebuild are:

* New toolset feature to speed up dynamic lib linking by ~50%.
* Get all packages built with the new and reduced set of packages
installed in the default mock buildroots.
* Make sure all packagers/contributors are still around just like we did
during the mass rebuild for FC5.

libpng10 was built on August 2nd, which was after the buildsystem was
switched to the minimal buildroots, and the new toolset features were
available long before that, so that covers the first two points.

My commit log message for the removal of needs.rebuild was:

"built earlier this month, doesn't need rebuilding"

I guess that demonstrates that I'm still around.

Now I *could* bump the EVR and rebuild this package, but it seems rather
pointless to me.

Paul.