linking statically against dietlibc: a blocker?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 4 15:31:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 08:33:39PM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 02:41 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> This is insane. If there's security or performance problems in glibc,
> they need to be found and fixed.

dietlibc and glibc, although they are both libc have very different designs,
and in my opinion it won't be possible for the glibc to have the same
performance than dietlibc (in those cases). And it won't be possible for
dietlibc to have the glibc feature coverage.

Differences in design cannot be fixed.

--
Pat