linking statically against dietlibc: a blocker?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 5 15:58:17 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I don't consider it to be my task to denunciate your colleagues in
> public. It's RH's management's job to monitor their employees and to
> take appropriate measures to improve overall quality of the product and
> coordination of work with people outside of RH. All I am doing is
> expressing my opinion and it's redhat's freedom to ignore it, or to find
> channels to communicate this to the appropriate "switches".

Unless you state your problems clearly there is no way anything is going
to be fixed. So again, do you have problems with maintainers closing
bugs or do you have problems with non maintainers closing bugs?  Point
out specific bugzilla reports and people can deal with them.

>>  If Red Hat maintainers are closing
>> bug reports when they shouldnt, fedorabugs group has nothing to do with
>> it and removing people off that group wont solve the problem.
> fedorabugs and bugzilla are implementation details. To put this on
> another level, what I am actually saying is: I question their current
> usage and implementation in their usability and effectiveness.

Your claim incorrectly that only Red Hat maintainers can close bugs in
Fedora Core. The particular bug report was not closed either. When I
pointed out that non maintainers can close bug reports, you said that
fedorabugs practice should be reconsidered. If maintainers are closing
bugs, reconsidering the practice of fedorabugs group is going to make
zero differences to that.  Painting broad strokes wont help anyone.

Rahul