Last warning don't modify my packages!!!

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 19:53:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 21:36 +0200, Frank Büttner wrote:
> Peter Gordon schrieb:
> >> The address is ok.
> >
> > The adress may be ok, but are your bugzilla email preferences set to email
> > you about new bugs assigned to you by default? You can view and edit those
> > settings here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> For the other Bugs I get mails. But that is not the topic.
> The topic is that every body modify packages of other. And that is an
> very big problem. When that goes forward then it will impossible for
> maintainers to maintain it packages, because the packages will be every
> time out of sync:(

That is one problem but it is a small one compared to having end-users
downloading broken packages.  If others can't get a hold of you through
bugzilla then this has to be fixed.  A lot of things go through bugzilla
including security bugs and the orphaned package process.  If you aren't
replying to bugzilla and something needs to be fixed, one of the
sponsors or other trusted contributors may step up and fix the issue
because the impression is the package isn't being maintained.  So if you
aren't getting bugzilla mails we need to find out why and get that fixed
otherwise your packages will continue to be changed by other maintainers
who think that you have abandoned your packages without informing
anyone.

-Toshio