desktop files for dockapp apps?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Oct 15 08:28:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 03:44:18PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> How do you add a dockapp? Presumably, there is some tool (e.g. to add an

In the case I know and use, fluxbox, one has to hand-edit the start
script. I tried WindowMaker and I didn't understood how to do. The menu
isn't integretaed with fedora anyway.

> item to the GNOME panel, there is a tool to select what I want) which
> does this. Also, doesn't the app display an icon in the dock when it is
> running?

The app is the icon in the dock. So the images it needs are built-in.

> If the answer to all of these questions is no, then you probably don't
> need an icon. :)

I think it is the case as for today. Maybe this could change if a dockapp
graphical management application emerges but until then I'd say no need of
desktop nor icon.

Could it be possible to add this explicitely to the packaging guidelines,
please (that it in the desktop section state the exception for dockapps)?

--
Pat