Announcing Dribble a new addon repo for Fedora Extras users

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Oct 16 06:54:34 UTC 2006

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> I'm wondering why Hatari isn't in extras, as there's a fully GPL ROM
> replacement available. http://emutos.sourceforge.net/en/index.htm

Its an emulator and in general emulators are not welcomed in Extras
unless supported / officially sanctioned by the hardware company who's
hardware is being implemented. There are various reasons for this,
patent fears, DMCA fears, contributory copyright infringements fears etc.

With that said if you can get an ok on this from Legal (or someone equal
) then we (the Dribble crew) will move it to FE. Anything in Dribble
which is / can be ok-ed for Extras will be moved there, we strive to
complete Extras not compete with Extras.

Regards,

Hans