Announcing Dribble a new addon repo for Fedora Extras users

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Oct 17 10:32:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 09:52 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> What I was trying to say with the above message is that if someone else
> is willing to have the discussion for a package here and if the outcome
> is that the package is ok for Extras then I'm more then happy to move it
> to Extras including putting it through review (again as all packages in
> dribble are already reviewed).

I'll do it! (I used various Atari STs from 1987 to 1997...)

> I believe the rule of thumb here is that if we have freely
> redistributable "data" that runs on these emulators, we can include the
> emulator in extras. In other words, the question to ask yourself, is
> there any legal and Free software uses for the emulators?

Since there's GPL ROMs available[1], and the commonly used FreeMiNT
kernel is apparently a mix of GPL and BSD[2], and most anything open
source has been ported, and even packaged into RPMs[3], seems to me any
Atari ST series emulator should be okay in Extras. ARAnyM can even run
Linux/68k[4].

Anyone disagree? Do we need a FESCo blessing?

[1] http://emutos.sourceforge.net/en/index.htm
[2]
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/COPYING?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
[3] http://sparemint.atariforge.net/sparemint/