Package naming query

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 22:27:05 UTC 2006

I'm working on packaging libopensync-plugin-syncml and its
dependencies, and came across libwbxml:

http://libwbxml.aymerick.com:8080/wiki/Download

The website refers to it consistently as libwbxml, but the tarball
itself is called wbxml2 (despite the link to it being 'libwbxml
v0.9.2'). SuSE also has this package and called it wbxml2.

It seems that wbxml2 is a temporary name, since there was wbxml, an
older version, that links against libxml2 instead of expat. So I'm
tending to go with libwbxml, but there's the "keep compatibility with
other distros" clause in the packaging guideline.

Advice? Thanks in advance..

--
Michel Salim
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~msalim