RFC: Junk in Fedora Extras

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Oct 23 20:42:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:55:57 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 23:32 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > This is the full list of binary rpms, which do not have a corresponding
> > src.rpm in the repository:
> >
> > Expiring (keep = 1): /extras/development/SRPMS
> >   Skipping em8300-kmod
> >   Skipping sysprof-kmod
>
> Just wondering, why are kmod packages skipped?

Because that is what repomanage did, too:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/extras-buildsys/utils/extras-repobuild.py?hideattic=0&r1=1.17&r2=1.18&root=fedora

As I understand it, we want to keep kmod packages for old kernel
releases. If an updated kmod src.rpm is rebuilt for all kernel releases,
however, we can expire old src.rpms. Otherwise not.