Fedora Extras packaging beta software into production repos, why?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 29 09:51:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 07:57:22PM -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 23:18 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > >
> > > Why? This only happens if you ignore that these packages exist
> > > and are used by a large number of people.
> >
> > No answer on this one?
>
> If atrpms and FE both have asterisk packages it would be difficult to
> use both repos at the same time.  In any case, the fact that a package
> exists in another repo is not a good enough reason to keep it out of FE.

But it would make sense to provide an upgrade path or seek any kind of
coordination, or not? Instead the situation you created is that
neither non-ATrpms users, nor ATrpms users could make any use of
asterisk at all.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net