Enhanced AWOL policy

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Oct 31 00:18:20 UTC 2006

BP> This seems to me an unnecessary burden on the FE contributor using
BP> the AWOL policy, and before adding it to the policy I would like
BP> to hear from others on the list.

I think that it would be an undue burden to make it a requirement to
try to chase down alternative means of contact.  Nothing prevents
someone who is interested from doing that, of course, but the simple
fact is that it is the responsibility of all maintainers to remain in
contact with the project and to have a valid and working email address
on file.

 - J<