rebuilt for unwind info generation, broken in gcc-4.1.1-21

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 2 11:46:44 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Guys watching the rawhide report will notice that there are a lot of
packages listed today that have a Changelog entry which lists

[...]
- rebuilt for unwind info generation, broken in gcc-4.1.1-21
[...]

We probably need to rebuild some packages in Extras, too. FESCo
currently discusses when/how to do that.

Some background: It looks like gcc 4.1.1-21 introduced a bug that wasn't
fixed until gcc 4.1.1-26, so there's a window from Sept. 8 until Sept.
26 within which any binary package  would have been built with the bad
compiler.

So only those packages build in the above timeframe need another rebuild
in devel. It currently looks like we'll use a script that increases
release in CVS, commits the changes and queues the build for all of
those. But feel free to build your packages ahead of time (e.g. now)
yourself to save the script and FESCo some work. tia!

More details to follow.

CU
thl