compiz manager

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 19:02:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 17:15 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Hi
>

> Originated in Mandriva and picked up OpenSUSE.
> http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/09/24/suse-101-new-compiz-manager-themes/
>
> Would be nice to have this in Fedora Extras.

Note that compiz-manager requires cgwd (compiz generic window decorator,
iirc), which in turn requires the compiz-quinn (now known as beryl)
compiz fork, which replaces the compiz we've got in FC6. And spec file
at the above link is a holy mess, check out this peach of an excerpt:

%build
tar jxvf /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/cgwd-themes.tar.bz2

Anyone interested in packaging this up should probably look at the specs
from here instead, which are tailored for Fedora to begin with (and
don't do incredibly stupid things like that tar command):

http://www.illawarra.org/linux/index.php?id=howto

Playing around with it a bit myself right now...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com