Yet another license question

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Oct 3 07:20:27 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 07:11, Hans de Goede wrote:
> +1, its unfurtonate, but this license is not free, as very clearly
> explained by Kevin.

  I agree. It looks similar to me at least, to the non-commercial clause seen
in some software.

  "Any publication or presentation, including but not limited to ..."

  Taking this seriously it means that if I am talking with someone about my
work, an informal presentation, as it usually happens among scientists I
would be breaking the license if I did not mention program.

> Perhaps upstream can be nudged into changing the
> license?

  There is other software that carries a similar note like this in README, or
in the documentation, but asking for not ordering to.

  This is nicer and people do usually comply, because they have been asked and
not because they have been ordered. People using the software is also aware
of the reasons behind the request and in my experience is glad to cite the
material used.

  This should be the point present to authors.

--
José Abílio