New comps group proposal: audio-production

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Oct 4 01:55:42 UTC 2006

> Anthony Green (green at redhat.com) said:
> > > Would we split again
> > > for video production?
> >
> > Fair enough.  We could make it an audio-video-production group.
>
> Content production? I suppose 'content' is an overloaded term, so
> audio-video could work.

It should probably be "media-production" to match the name I recommended
for the SIG. I chose that name exactly for this reason, its hard to draw
a line between audio and video because video usually involves audio (and
music) as well.

Drawing a line between media consumption, and production is much
clearer.

If you've ever used a full Planet CCRMA system, you know that the Sound
& Video menu gets very large and unmanageable. As we move more apps into
Extras, someday we're going to want to split off a "Media Production"
menu as well.