linking statically against dietlibc: a blocker?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Oct 4 15:45:28 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Static linkage against dietlibc, IMO is nothing but a script-kiddy's
> attempt to "pimping Linux". There should not be any room for such
> undertakings.

Extend that logic a little, and we shouldn't allow dietlibc in Extras at
all.

Either dietlibc OK for Extras and for Extras pkgs to link-against/use it, or
not.  ATM, I'm personally leaning toward the former, especially in cases
where upstream and the packager/maintainer prefer using dietlibc.

-- Rex