Need help for my talk proposal at FOSS.IN

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:20:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

Me submitting a talk proposal for FOSS.IN (http://foss.in) on Fedora Extras.

The current proposal:

"Inside of Fedora Extras"

Fedora Extras is part of the larger Fedora Project and is a volunteer-based
community effort to create a repository of packages that compliment Fedora
Core. The Fedora Extras repository is available for Fedora Core 3 and above
versions. This repository is enabled by default from Fedora Core 4 onwards.

Any one can contribute to the Fedora Extras project by following the rules
listed at the site.
The first part of the talk is to clarify these steps one by another giving
stress on "Install the Build-System Client Tools ", "Configure Your System
for Fedora Extras CVS"
The second part will be more technical. Explaining the guidelines with a real
application spec file.

This will include things like:
# Naming
# Legal
# Writing a package from scratch
# Modifying an existing package
# Filesystem Layout
# Use rpmlint
# Changelogs
# Tags
# Build root tag
# Requires
# BuildRequires
# Summary and description
# Encoding
# Documentation
# Compiler flags
# Exclusion of Static Libraries
# Duplication of system libraries
# Configuration files
# Desktop files
# Macros

I need help to refresh the proposal, the last date of submission is coming
up..

Regards,
Kushal