Soon to be marked dead packages

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Oct 7 08:54:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 23:16:23 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Friday 06 October 2006 21:06, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > That page is about removing rpms from the repository, not about removing
> > stuff from CVS. In CVS, the ex-maintainer should have 'cvs -f remove'd
> > the files and should have created a "dead.package" file.
>
> Is there any place in the wiki that covers this?  The developer in question
> couldn't find it, or found the other wiki page.

He could have asked. The answer is at the top of every FCXStatus page, the
4th bullet.

Plus, the  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/PackageEndOfLife  page is
linked in bold from the main http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras section
on Adding/removing packages.

Btw, just yesterday I've revamped the main Fedora Extras a retain some of
the old clearer structure where you don't get lost in too many sections.