Need your help: Docs in the wiki

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Oct 8 13:58:28 UTC 2006

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:48:03 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> I took a quick look into the Extras/part of the wiki. I did some
> cleanups here and there, but there were some things I didn't want to
> decide or fix on my own:

You've reverted some of my cleanups from 1-2 days ago. ;-)

Now there is one big misplaced section "For Developers" again in which you
can get lost easily. Searching for things becomes to difficult. The table
of contents is gone, too.

> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/BuildRequests
> - not linked from Extras/ Frontpage
> - should probably be merged into
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/BuildSystemClientSetup

The page is linked from the FCXStatus page. This has historical reasons,
as originally build requests were submitted via those Wiki pages.

> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackagesFC4
> - do we still need that

Unimportant. It doesn't hurt to keep it until FC7 Test1. A drawback of
Wiki based tracking is that over time information like these lists get
inaccurate.

> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/TreeMaintenance
> - not linked from Extras/ Frontpage

Could need a minor update, but doesn't make sense to put it on the
front page until we re-introduce more sub-sections there.

> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/szip
> - what's this?

Looks like a temporary page for license/patent related examination
of whether to include szip or not.