Need your help: Docs in the wiki

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 8 18:11:01 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt schrieb:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:14:32 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Michael Schwendt schrieb:
>>> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:48:03 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Now there is one big misplaced section "For Developers" again in which you
>>> can get lost easily.
>> Well, before I got over it and moved things back and forth I found some
>> thing in sections where I wouldn't have found them myself. So it was
>> intuitive either afaics.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras?action=recall&rev=113
> What did you dislike?

- [TOC] IMHO takes to much space in the most important area for a small gain
- "Contributing to Fedora Extras" should be more on top -- those that
are contributors already will be able to find their stuff even if it's
not that well placed;
- "Extras for x86_64 status and FAQ", obsolete, old, unamitained ->
removed; dito "Extras Ideas Sandbox"
- "CVS Admin requests" should be in the same area as "Repository status
pages for requesting manual copies and removals of packages"
- "How to sponsor a new contributor?" directly behind "How to get
sponsored?" is IMHO confusing because one that interested in the later
will never be intereted in the first
- "Reporting Issues" -> was not sure about this one myself, but maybe is
more a users task?
- "Contributing to Fedora Extras" and "Adding packages to Fedora Extras"
-> Contributing to Fedora Extras means in 99% of the cases to add
packages to Fedora Extras. So where is the difference?
- Stuff that Packaging/ IMHO should have s separate section

Those are some reasons behind by re-organization.

CU
thl