reassigning multiple bugs in bugzilla

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Oct 10 23:27:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:23:50 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> Once I got the ownership of mantis, I search for all its open issues
> on bugzilla, then I tried to reassign them to myself.
> The problem was I could select all of them, but trying to apply the
> modification (owner change) resulted in a error,something like: it
> does not seem you made any modification.
>
> Just to be sure it was not some random permission problem, I tried
> with just one and that worked.
>
> Anyone ever tried this kind of operation?

Yes, and there is a bug somewhere. Changing multiple tickets at once works
for some types of changes and fails for other types of changes. If you
think that adding a comment, while trying to reassign all bugs, is
recognised as a modification, I think that leads to unexpected
modifications as a side-effect.