Last warning don't modify my packages!!!

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Thu Oct 12 19:46:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Frank Büttner wrote:
> For the other Bugs I get mails. But that is not the topic.
> The topic is that every body modify packages of other. And that is an
> very big problem. When that goes forward then it will impossible for
> maintainers to maintain it packages, because the packages will be every
> time out of sync:(

  If you don't want people touching your packages, then you need to see and
respond to bugs filed against them.  (Yes, I periodically check Bugzilla
for bugs filed against me, regardless of the fact that email notification
should bring them to my attention.)  If there hadn't been a bug filed
already, then I might be prone to agree with you.  Alas, there was, and
most people I've heard from agreed with Rex's actions.  If you don't care
for the cooperative nature of open source software, then I'm not sure what
to tell you -- most of us are willing to play well with others.

      Jima