Last warning don't modify my packages!!!

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Thu Oct 12 19:51:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 21:36 +0200, Frank Büttner wrote:
> Peter Gordon schrieb:
> >> The address is ok.
> >
> > The adress may be ok, but are your bugzilla email preferences set to email
> > you about new bugs assigned to you by default? You can view and edit those
> > settings here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> For the other Bugs I get mails. But that is not the topic.
> The topic is that every body modify packages of other. And that is an
> very big problem. When that goes forward then it will impossible for
> maintainers to maintain it packages, because the packages will be every
> time out of sync:(

Sorry, but you're wrong.  A bug report was opened, you failed to respond
to it for whatever reason.  Do you have a problem with the actual fix
that was done?  Or are you just griping because someone touched
something you maintain?

And actually, in this particular case you were lucky.  Rex could have
just waited a bit longer and then tried to exercise the Orphan policy.
That would have really set you off.

So in light of the obvious mail problems you're having with bugzilla,
and the fact that the fix seems to be _correct_ in this case, I suggest
everyone just calm down.  No harm was done here, and something got
fixed.

josh