desktop files for dockapp apps?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Oct 14 20:44:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 20:12 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 08:52:25PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 22:14 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> >
> > IMHO:
> >
> > - desktop files for dockapp apps are not necessary.
> > - icon files for dockapp apps are necessary (don't you see an icon when
> > you're enabling it from the config tool? doesn't it need an icon to let
> > you know its running in the dock?)
>
> Which config tool? I don't know one... Where should these icons be put?

How do you add a dockapp? Presumably, there is some tool (e.g. to add an
item to the GNOME panel, there is a tool to select what I want) which
does this. Also, doesn't the app display an icon in the dock when it is
running?

If the answer to all of these questions is no, then you probably don't
need an icon. :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway || Red Hat || Fedora || Aurora || GPG ID: 93054260

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence
and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We
will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in
our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended
from fearful men -- not from men who feared to write, to speak, to
associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."
-- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954