Advice on rpath

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 22:18:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 20:43 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 23:37 +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >
> > > Why, all that is need is adding the following 2 lines to the spec after
> > > %configure (...)
> >
> > You're right Hans, as always...
> >
> > Given all the stir rpath is causing, can we perhaps put a few words on it
> > in the packaging guidelines, "no rpath, thanks, and here's why and how"
> > type of text. spot, you own that doc, what do you say?
>
> Seems like a lot of solid logic to me. I'll write it up and add it as
> soon as I'm back on the ground and conscious.

Added an rpath section to PackagingGuidelines.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway || Red Hat || Fedora || Aurora || GPG ID: 93054260

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence
and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We
will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in
our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended
from fearful men -- not from men who feared to write, to speak, to
associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."
-- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954