Plague documentation?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Oct 18 11:57:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 13:18 +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Hmm, at least for plague 0.4 the README file should be just about right.
> > Some bits have changed for 0.5, but 0.5 isn't in Fedora Extras at all.
>
> Dan, what'd be nice to have a few words about in the beginning of the
> README would be some words about the overall concept and intended use of
> Plague, whether it is general to any extent or very Fedora/Red
> Hat-specific.

Good point.

> Also some words sbout its history, why it was written and so on. I've been
> under the impression that you created Plague some while ago as a
> replacement for Red Hats build system which was proprietary, but I don't
> even know if I remember that part correctly...

There was some confusion about that; but it was actually created as a
build system for Fedora Extras specifically, because beehive (the old RH
buildsys) was on life-support and had major issues, brew wasn't ready
yet, and brew wasn't necessarily appropriate for Extras at the time
anyway.

Dan